In the middle of World War Two, a group of ministers, missionaries and business people came together with a vision for an interdenominational, evangelical college that would counter the rising tide of liberal scholarship in Western universities, and prepare Christians to interact with a post-war world.
Based in central London, the college initially offered correspondence courses and evening classes. By 1944, just one year after its founding, over 300 students were enrolled, and two years later there were 1,400 students enrolled at London Bible College with evening classes being taught all over the UK. In the Autumn of 1946, the first full-time students started their studies, the class photo of this cohort can be seen along our faculty corridor today!
In 1970, London Bible College moved to Northwood and onto the campus previously occupied by London College of Divinity, an Anglican training college. The 1990s saw the opening of a dedicated postgraduate centre, the Guthrie Centre, which also previously housed the Centre for Islamic Studies.
In 2004, London Bible College became London School of Theology.
London School of Theology continues to be known throughout the world as a place where intellectual thoroughness and rigour go hand in hand with a passion to see students grow personally and spiritually.