Clearing is now open – apply now to LST
Did you know you didn’t need to wait until receiving your results to apply through clearing?
Every year, thousands of students use Clearing to secure a place at their ideal university, on their ideal course. From 5 July to 17 October, you can apply for a course using Clearing if you’re not already holding an offer from another university and the course you want still has places.
Clearing simply allows you to apply directly to the university that you most want to study at.
You can use Clearing for a whole variety of reasons – whether you’re A-level results have come as a surprise (good or bad!), you’ve missed the last application deadline, or you simply change your mind about your dream university. Even if you end up getting better grades than predicted, you may be able to find a place on a different programme with higher entry requirements. Whatever the reason, for the first time ever, we’re here to help you discover your dream programme at London School of Theology.
How to apply using Clearing
- Ask for advice – talk to your school teachers or advisers, and they can speak to you about your options.
- Search for your options – if you know what you want to study already, great! If not, have a look either on UCAS or on your chosen university’s website to see what they offer.
- Make contact – give us a call on +44 (0) 1923 456000, drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll be able to tell you where there are spaces available and how to apply. We can even direct you to our virtual open day, so you can get to know the college a bit more before you start here.
- Add your Clearing choice – if you’ve applied through UCAS, then you’ll have to add us as your Clearing choice, filling in the application. If you haven’t applied through UCAS, you can apply directly through our website!
Our phone lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. But if you can’t get through, drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
It’s set to be a busy time, so make sure you’ve got all your key information to hand:
- Your contact details (address, phone number email)
- Your results (including your GCSEs, as we’ll use these to match you onto a programme)
- Your UCAS and Clearing number, if you have them
- Your church details (pastor’s name and contact number/email address).
Once you’ve called, we’ll be able to tell you straight away whether there’s room on the programme or not, and be able to offer you a potential place. We’ll arrange an interview (almost immediately) with one of our faculty members, so that they can ask you questions about why you want to study here, and to give you the opportunity to find out more about studying at LST. Don’t worry though – interviews for Clearing are standard process, and we’ll explain the whole procedure to you beforehand.
With all that said, we wish you all the best with your A-level results!