A new Bible Study resource has just been published in which Clare Miller, our Manager of Online Education, was a key contributor.
The most popular modern English translation with study notes drawn from the million-selling Bible Speaks Today commentary series from IVP, and application questions for personal or group use.
If you’re new to the Bible, the clear and helpful explanations will help draw you in to God’s word. If you are a Christian, you will find the NIV Bible Speaks Today useful for devotional reading and as a study Bible. It’s also great for helping small group leaders, teachers and preachers in preparing to explain and apply the Bible for others.
Be equipped to apply the Bible to your life and to today’s world. Features include:
- Complete text of the New International Version (British text)
- Over 2,300 notes extracted from the Bible Speaks Today series to explain and apply the Bible text
- Questions at the end of every note for personal or group use to help you understand and apply Biblical truths
- Outlines that give a brief overview of each Bible book
- Background and setting to provide the context to understand each book
- Themes and relevance to apply the Bible to the contemporary world
- Maps showing the locations of key Bible events
- Parallel passages cross-referenced to identical or similar passages
The Bible Speaks Today series was edited by Alec Moyter (Old Testament), John Stott (New Testament) and Derek Tidball (Bible themes), with contributors including Michael Green, Mary J Evans, Derek Kidner, Dick Lucas, Rosemary Nixon and many more.
This new study bible can be purchased here.